Monday 2 November 2009

At some point in the recent past, Erik has got his hands on one of D'Arcy's pencils that get left lying around occasionally...

D had a good time on school camp, but immediately went straight back into his "I'm scared, I can't sleep" on coming home, which was a bit disappointing.

Erik picked up a book and thrust it at me today. He said something that sounded a lot like "read it!" and his language in general is coming along, but without being readily identifiable. He now does a very cute thing - if he wants something he starts out by demanding "dedditch!", but if I look at him and say "what do you need to say?" he does a really cheesy grin, rubs his hand across his haid and says "bweeee?". For those of you who are not in the immediate family, a translation is probably required. After some time, I realised that "dedditch" means "get it!" which is certainly direct, and lacking in ambiguity. I thought it was about time to start work on some manners, so I reminded him of the sign for "please" (touching the chin) and the sign for "mummy" (touch your temple with 3 fingers). What he's doing is the closest he can get to "mummy" with sign, but saying the closest he can get to "please"...

No comments: